POSITION: Training Coordinator & Instructional Design Assistant
HOURLY WAGE: To be determined, based on experience
REPORTS TO: Project Manager, Learning & Development
LOCATION: OTEC is located in West Toronto, provides free parking and is accessible by public transit
*Applicant must be a student between under 30 years of age who attended school full-time last year and will be returning to school in the fall of 2018.
*Applicants must ensure that their qualifications are relevant to the position criteria.
The Ontario Tourism Education Corporation (OTEC) is an entrepreneurial, independent, not-for-profit, workforce development consulting and training organization. We are dedicated to increasing professionalism in tourism and hospitality, and service related businesses and sectors within Ontario.
As a leader in workforce development, OTEC primarily supports training, certification and skills development for Ontario’s tourism and hospitality industry. OTEC works closely with diverse partners in tourism, hospitality, education, transportation, healthcare, government, provincial associations, as well other service sector clients. Through OTEC’s community development partnerships, we are committed to developing a well-trained talent pool to support the human resource and labour requirements of the sector (specifically through skills development of individuals with barriers to employment, including youth, indigenous populations, newcomers to Canada, members of a visibility minority, etc.) and to address labour shortages impacting the industry and our partners.
Reporting to the Manager, Learning and Development Projects, the successful candidate will provide Training Coordination, Instructional Design and Research support to the organization.
- Respond to incoming client calls and email, assess needs and solutions, and refer to proper team member for further assistance when appropriate;
- Work with Client Services team to assist with coordination and shipping of all training materials including Participant Guides, certificates, pins, national materials, certificate preparation, customized orders, and inventory;
- Liaise with clients and/or project partners for contracted and/or project training sessions;
- Coordinate and administer facilitator/consultant schedules and contracts;
- Coordinate internal and external training session details;
- Coordinate luncheons, refreshment services, room setup, clean up and tear down for internal sessions;
- Preparation of reports (e.g., training evaluations reports);
- Research video clips to add into exisiting and new programs;
- Assist in the review of materials (i.e., validating, editing, proofreading);
- Assist with the research and development of new training programs;
- Assist with development of PowerPoint presentations to ensure they are visually stimulating and interactive;
- Provide support to OTEC President & CEO as required;
- Support all OTEC departments where required, including general office duties and working directly with OTEC’s President & CEO.
- Excellent computer skills including MS Word and Word Styles, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint Master Slides
- High level of attention to detail
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills and team player
- Self-motivated and ability to work with little supervision under tight project timelines
- Ability to multi-task and work on several projects simultaneously
- An ability to research new technologies and evaluate them against business and/or technology requirements
- Knowledge/ experience with Adobe Photoshop/MovieMaker/Flash an asset
- Experience in adding video, music and animation to PowerPoint programs
- Experience creating videos, modify digital images and flash animations for eLearning is an asset
- Education in adult learning/ instructional design and eLearning is preferred for this position
- Bilingual in English/French an asset
To apply, please forward resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Closing Date: April 23, 2018